The San Francisco FP&A Board met for the third time. In March 2019, the professional debate was devoted to the subject of FP&A Business Partnering. More than 30 senior finance professionals, representing companies such as Autodesk, BioMarin, Gensler, Google, HP, etc., shared their experience with each other.
- What is FP&A Business Partnering and why is it important?
- What are the most critical attributes of an FP&A business partner?
- Some case studies from the field:
- Review of the FP&A Business Partnering Maturity. Small groups work
- Conclusions and recommendations
At the end of the meeting, FP&A Board members reviewed the FP&A Business Partnering Maturity in small groups and presented the results from their discussions.
- FP&A Business Partnering is different from conventional Finance Business Partnering. It is more strategic and influential.
- It is at the centre of an organisation and has a dual role of educating and challenging the status quo.
- In America, it is traditionally perceived as a mindset rather than a role. The statistics from our meetings show that 20% of companies recruit the role of FP&A Business Partner.
- Among the obstacles that stand in the way of building an effective FP&A partnership framework are traditional business cultures, conventional accounting cultures and a limited talent pool.