For the second time, we had meetings in three US cities — Chicago, San Francisco and Seattle. The discussions were devoted to the subject of FP&A Analytical Transformation.
1. Advanced Analytics for agile and integrated Financial Planning & Analytics (FP&A).
2. Case Study from the field
3. FP&A Analytical Transformation: Fine-tuning the FP&A Operating Model. Group work.
4. Conclusions and recommendations.
Each meeting was attended by about 30 senior finance practitioners who represented large international companies, such as
- to name but a few.
The conclusions from the meetings were the following:
- Analytical Transformation needs both investment and cultural support. We can see examples of how regional or local transformation projects enhance the transformation of the whole organisation.
- Analytical Transformation tools are important.
- At the meeting, the role of Driver-Based Planning Model was emphasized as well.
- One of the biggest challenges of Analytical Transformation is quality of data.
- It is difficult to find talents who have data science skills as well as other skills necessary for finance professionals.