The International FP&A Board has launched its 18th global and 5th North American chapter in Chicago, USA, on the 12th of April.
Three very successful meetings in three amazing American cities (in San Francisco, Seattle and Chicago). Chicago was the last one on the tour.
The Meeting's Agenda
- Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A). Key definitions and developments.
- Interactive discussion on latest trends in analytics, planning, modelling and systems.
- FP&A Analytics Maturity Model. Group work.
- Conclusions and recommendations.
24 senior finance practitioners met in the famous John Hancock tower. Each of them represented an international or a local company (e.g. HSBC, Sears Holdings, Scientific Games and etc.). Their combined expertise generated several valuable insights.
Interestingly enough, the FP&A Trends, that we discussed at the board are global:
- Driver-Base Planning
- Advanced Analytics
- Integrated FP&A
- Strategic Business Partnering
In the USA, more organisations are starting to use or consider AI and ML for planning and forecasting. This is definitely another very important trend, that is still so much "ahead of time" for many organisations.
This is the reason why we launched AI/ML FP&A Global Committee recently. You can find more information about the Committee on our website.