In October, we held the fourth Brussels FP&A Board meeting devoted to FP&A Business Partnering.
32 senior finance practitioners joined the event. They represented international companies in different industries, such as
- Thomson Reuters
- and many others.
- What is FP&A Business Partnering and why is it important?
- What are the most critical attributes of an FP&A business partner?
- Mini-case studies from the field:
- Review of the FP&A Business Partnering Maturity. Small groups work
- Conclusions and recommendations
The conclusions were the following:
- The alignment of the FP&A function with business operations in order to acquire business knowledge and influence decision making.
- The true value of an FP&A professional has shifted away from the “what happened” to “what should happen” and “how to execute change”.
- FP&A Business Partner's job is both strategic and operational in focus.
- An FP&A business partner acts as the bridge between the wider business and the board.