Scenario planning is an important technique for a flexible and dynamic FP&A process that enhances strategic planning and risk management processes. In the analytically mature organisation, the standard approach of “three scenarios” (best, average and worst) is replaced with multiple on-demand scenarios that could be played in real time.
The 8th London FP&A Circle will discuss the advancements and latest trends in Scenario Planning.
London FP&A Circle is the educational and networking platform of the International FP&A Board which shares the latest professional trends and developments with the UK FP&A community. The Circle is open to both senior and mid-level finance practitioners. Attendance is complimentary and the event is vendor-agnostic.
Modern FP&A and The Power of Scenario Planning
Tuesday, 12 February 2019
6-30 pm – 7-00 pm Registrations, networking, light food and refreshments
7-00 pm – 8-30 pm Presentations and Q&A
8-30 pm – 9-30 pm Networking
- The role of FP&A in scenario planning
- Modern scenario planning and modelling. Importance of Driver Based Planning and planning technology
- "Scenario planning in FP&A" by Gill Ringland and Patricia Lustig. The presenters are both experienced in working with organisations to use scenario planning.
- A case study from Go Compare: "Scenario Planning: Key Factors for Success", presented by Rhodri de Lloyd, Financial Planning & Analysis Manager at GoCompare
- Conclusions and recommendations
Michael Page, 1st Floor, Victoria House, Southampton Row, London, WC1B 4JB
Participation in the FP&A Circle events is complimentary and by invitation only, with 50-60 attendees per meeting. The forum is vendor-agnostic and exclusive to finance practitioners.
We will not be able to confirm places for vendors, consultants and the unemployed.