For the fourth time, senior finance practitioners joined Dubai FP&A Board.
In October, 25 Board members shared their ideas on why driver-based planning matters for FP&A.
- Evolution of Driver-Based Planning.
- Driver-Based approach as a basis for predictive analytics, effective Rolling Forecast and Scenario Planning.
- A Case Study from Careem
- Driver-Based Planning Maturity Model. Group work.
- Conclusions and recommendations.
Yamen Fakhreddine, former FP&A director for Careem and current Head of Finance, the Middle East at Valentino, delivered a presentation about the importance of Driver-Based Planning in the environment of high growth.
Below are some of the recommendations from the meeting:
- Data collection should be automated.
- More people should be involved in contributing fewer data more frequently.
- Drivers should be the language of performance.
- It is better to get sponsorship for change from the top.
- Drivers should be defined per business area.
- Step by step approach can bring you success (strategy, financial core, operational plans).
- It is important to use technology which allows for modelling.