The concept of Zero Based Budgeting (ZBB) is by no means new. It has been...
Zero-Based Budgeting in Frankfurt
In April 2019, the International FP&A Board held the 6th Frankfurt meeting where more than 30 senior finance practitioners shared their ideas about what is a new age of Zero Based Budgeting (ZBB).
1. Zero Based Budgeting (ZBB): key definitions and principles
2. ZBB as a basis for flexible Driver-Based Planning
3. A case study from the field:
- “Zero-based Productivity – a powerful and finance-led approach to drive productivity to the next level”. Wigbert Böhm, Partner at McKinsey & Company, leading McKinsey’s Practice for Zero-based Productivity
- Tilo Stein, Head of Finance at HSP Hochspannungsgeräte GmbH (Siemens Group), will share his practical experience on ZBB
4. Small groups discussion on ZBB implementations
5. Conclusions and Recommendations
After discussing key definitions and principles, the Board looked at ZBB as a basis for flexible Driver-Based Planning. Wigbert Böhm, Partner at McKinsey & Company, who is leading McKinsey’s Practice for Zero-based Productivity, shared his insights with Board members. At the meeting, Tilo Stein, Head of Finance at HSP Hochspannungsgeräte GmbH (Siemens Group), talked about his practical experience with ZBB.
The Frankfurt FP&A Board brought together senior finance practitioners from leading organisations, such as
- CSL Behring
- DB Regio AG
- Siemens AG
- TE Connectivity
- and many others